More Quotes from Gaints

03:05 0 Comments A+ a-


I’ve compiled a few more inspiring quotes from the great guitarists that have gone before us.

Great quotes can influence and change out patterns of thinking,

For instance “ listening is the key to all that is good in musicPat Metheny, could inspire deeper listening skills.

 Another one could be “ If you play for no other reason than actually because you love it then skills kinds just creep up on youNuno Bettencourt, encourages the love of music and less focus on striving for skills.


Hearing quotes like these three can only encourage us to keep at it and enjoy the love playing the guitar.


 “I struggled with alternate picking for such a long time, I never thought I could do it”

Paul Gilbert


 “One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.”
 Tommy Emmanuel


 We begin with the possible, and move gradually towards the impossible.’ –
Robert Fripp

“Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you’ll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you’re gonna be rewarded.”

Jimi Hendrix


As long as you're excited about what you're playing, and as long as it comes from your heart, it's going to be great.

John Frusciante


If you really love guitar, you're going to spend every waking hour stroking the thing.

Frank Zappa


Once I got a guitar that was relatively user-friendly, but not super-duper easy, I really came on as a guitarist, at that point. It helped. It was a super-expensive guitar either, but something needs to steer you a bit, if you're playing an instrument that is really hard.

Jimmy Page


Relax, be yourself, play alot

Joe Satriani


Shut up and play yer guitar

Frank Zappa


"One night I dreamed I was running. When I woke up I forgot I had a limp, so I walked totally normal until I remembered, 'oh, yeah, I have a limp'. Then I immediately stumbled. That showed me that if you have control over your mind, you can do anything."
-Jason Becker


“Remember that we are in this together and no mans an island, learn from each other however great or small and become more” Anon

Guitar Addiction Groups quotes

David Gibbinson Didn't EVH say he played guitar like he was falling down stairs.. As long as he landed on his feet he was good....


Scott Stirling There's no progression without regression - me !

Scott Stirling Forget what you've heard about playing the guitar like you're making love to a beautiful woman, you'll be finished in 5 minutes and won't learn anything - also me


Art Floresca Every guy has his girl but the guitar player has his pick...


Loz Ruston "Nobody loses at guitar if they put in the time. Something good always shows up. It's all consistant with life's big lessons. Patience. Determination, Love. Goals. Finishing a job" Ted Greene.

Michael Hewkin 'you hum it son...i'll play it'.......Typhoo

Carlos Joaquin Rodriguez Jr. The number one thing most guitar players can't do... Make actually money, its fucking impossible. -me (but it sounds to good to be true lmk if someone else said it)

David Gibbinson "Who I am as a guitarist is defined by my failure to become Jimi Hendrix" - John Mayer.

Jack Korhorn Music is my mistress, and plays second fiddle to none-Slash

David Gibbinson "The beautiful thing about learning, is that no one can take it away from you" - BB King.

Loz Ruston "I feel good about my playing. The instrument keeps me humble. Sometimes I pick it up and it seems to say 'No, you can't play today.' I keep at it anyway, though." -Jim Hall.

Andrew Oppenheimer Guitar is the everyman’s piano


Bhaskar Yadav Playing guitar is like having sex with your fingers while the girl weeps